Location(s): Bolton Middlebrook, Manchester or Carlisle.
Salary: Band 5
Hours: Full and Part Time (minimum 15 hours per week) positions
Downloads: Job Description
For an experienced registered professional, the role of 111 Clinical Advisor can provide a new challenge, using your skills in a different way to assess patient needs over the telephone. Our Clinical Advisors in 111 are responsible for the assessment of the health and clinical needs of patients who phone 111, utilising their professional clinical judgement to provide advice, signpost to appropriate care and treatment or escalate to 999 services. Advisors are fully supported by decision support software. This requires generalist and specialist skills to assess and deliver care to patients across all age groups in a contact centre environment.
The post holder will provide assessment, medication advice, and health information supporting individuals to access the appropriate level of care including advice to manage their symptoms at home.
- Professional clinical qualification and active registration with relevant regulator, e.g. first-level registered nurse with active NMC registration or Paramedic - Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
- IT literate with good keyboard skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good patient assessment skills
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing continual personal and professional development
- Evidence of consolidating post qualification practice