111 Clinical Advisor and 111 Senior Clinical Advisor - Nurses or Paramedics
For an experienced registered professional, the role of 111 Clinical Advisor can provide a new challenge, using your skills in a different way to assess patient needs over the telephone.
Clinical Advisors - Band 5
Our Clinical Advisors in 111 are responsible for the assessment of the health and clinical needs of patients who phone 111, utilising their professional clinical judgement to provide advice, signpost to appropriate care and treatment or escalate to 999 services. Advisors are fully supported by decision support software. This requires generalist and specialist skills to assess and deliver care to patients across all age groups in a contact centre environment.
The post holder will provide assessment, medication advice, and health information supporting individuals to access the appropriate level of care including advice to manage their symptoms at home.
Senior Clinical Advisor - Band 6
As well as providing advice and support to patients, our Senior Clinical Advisors also play a critical role in supervising, teaching, precepting and mentoring other staff which may include students, other Clinicians and Health Advisors.
· Full and part time working available
· Homeworking options
· Professional working environment
· Regular breaks and on-time shift finishes
· Less physical role
· HCPC registration or
· NMC Registered Specialist Nurse
· Registered Specialist Practitioner or Paramedic
· Triage experience
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Good level of computer literacy
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Recent professional clinical experience