Location(s): Across the North West
Salary: Band 3
Hours: Full and part time positions available
Download: Job Description
Our Patient Transport Service makes over 1 million journeys a year transporting non-emergency patients from their homes to designated treatment centres. As an Ambulance Care Assistant you will work on your own or as part of a crew planning your journey to make sure that patients get to their appointments and treatment on time. You will support and care for a range of patients with different mobility, disabilities and conditions and it is your role to ensure that they are safe and cared for on their journey for treatment or back to their home.
Two weeks theory/practical sessions within a specific training centre.
One week driving.
- Proven Level of literacy and numeracy, which may have been gained through the following routes- NVQ, GNVQ, GCSE, Access or Learn Direct Course.
- Previous experience in a patient care or customer support role.
- You must hold a full and valid EU Driving License (No more than three endorsement points. In exceptional circumstances a maximum of six points may be considered).
- Physically fit-able to undertake the manual handling of patients and equipment using appropriate equipment.
- Excellent communication and caring skills, with a willingness to work within the values of NWAS.
- Application stage
- Short listing and invite to assessments
- Assessments include-driving assessment and an interview
- Medical Clearance
- References (covering a three year period)
- Criminal Records and ISA check
We are not currently recruiting for this role. Click on the apply button below to view our other vacancies or to set up email alerts.