Location(s): Across the North West
Salary: Band 3
Hours: Full time only.
Download: Job Description
The purpose of the Urgent Care Service Assistant role is to ensure the safe transport and care of patients, between their homes and designated treatment centre based on an assessment of their clinical needs. You will work with another Urgent Care Service Assistant and will transport patients who have been already been seen or assessed by a clinician and need to be taken to hospital or a treatment centre. Your responsibility will be to move and transport the patient safely, providing care, reassurance and essential monitoring of their condition en route to treatment and on occasion you may also be required to administer basic first aid.
It’s a rewarding role, where you take responsibility for the care and reassurance of patients at a difficult time.
Five weeks theory/practical sessions within a specific training centre. One week driving.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above one must be either English, Maths or Science related.
- Previous experience in a patient care or customer support role.
- You must hold a full and valid EU Driving License (No more than three endorsement points. In exceptional circumstances a maximum of six points may be considered).
- Physically fit-able to undertake the manual handling of patients and equipment using appropriate support.
- You must hold a minimum of a C1 Category provisional entitlement on your license. C1 driver training must be completed in your own time prior to commencing employment. This will be funded by NWAS and reclaimed through salary.
- Excellent communication and caring skills, with a willingness to work within the values of NWAS.
- Application stage
- Short listing and invite to assessments
- Assessments include-driving assessment and an interview
- Medical Clearance
- References (covering a three year period)
- We complete an enhanced DBS check for this role
We are not currently recruiting for this role. Click on the apply button below to view our other vacancies or to set up email alerts.